Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Heavy Eyes


  It's back! It's been awhile, way too long in fact, but the Divine Swappings of a Blogging Sisterhood is getting back in the action. Maggie, Hope and I are zipping packages of pretty things through the mail right now, and I'm so glad to be getting back into the swing of things. Saying I missed blogging was a bit of an understatement.


  So this is the third posts of DSBS, and this time I was so excited to get to send out something of my own to style! This is one of my most favorite dresses. I especially love the chiffon printed skirt. It's so bold, but not overwhelming. And the crimson ruffled top makes it feel even more feminine, which I love. It's breezy and perfect for summer, or winter if you add some layers and tights.


  I feel like styling my own item was more difficult than something of Maggie's or Hope's. Because I've already worn this a few times, so it was like I had a set image of how I wear this piece. I usually grab a dark cardigan and ankle booties with simple black tights, but this time I took it in a completely different direction. I layered my black lace bustier to create contrast (plus it makes me feel super sexy...), and a waist belt to add definition. I know many people avoid mixing black and brown, but I think those colors are so essential in a wardrobe that it's impossible to keep them apart.


  And finally for an extra pop of color, my favorite electric blue kitten heels. I feel in love with them the moment I saw them, plus they're via Salvation Army. Cheap is good. The only bad thing is the grip on one of the heels is wearing down. But that's what you get from second hand shoes. 


  I love how different each of our looks were! Maggie's cheerful yellow scarf pops and her patterned tights add texture without distracting from the print of the skirt. And Hope kept it chic with dark additions and killer shoes. These ladies are really lovely. Next swap post within a month. Sending you all my love.

WHAT I'M WEARING:
Printed Chiffon Dress: Franchesca's
Black Lace Bustier: Modcloth
Brown Waist Belt: Kohl's
Electric Blue Kitten Heels: Salvation Army
Cheyne.

11 comments:

LARRRY, said...

i own tht dress 2


bogansz

Cheyne said...

I love you...are you drunk? WHY ARE YOU READING MY BLOG YOU POVO PUBLIC SCHOOL BOGAN?

Just kidding I miss you quit drinking and come over.
I'm going to Skype you now.

Cocò (daddysneatness) said...

That blue decolletè make me happy!!! I love that colour!!!
Have a nice day,
Kisses,
Cocò
www.daddysneatness.blogspot.com

simplyhope said...

YAY! I love the way you styled your dress:) The pops of color are so fabulous!

Hannah said...

I love love love the way you all styled this dress up!
It's so colorful and wonderful.

I had actually thought the lace was part of the dress until I see you mentioned it was not.
Black and brown look like best friends and certainly not enemies in this outfit. Ahhh, I just love it a lot! :)

Amber Blue Bird said...

i am 100% in love with your shoes

Isabella said...

This is such a cool idea! I would love to start/join something like this!

http://isabellasfashion.blogspot.com

elanor, said...

what an awesome dress! and those shoes have got serious character. ;)

x

ari said...

great outfit! love the pop of bright blue! fab, also love your red pants in the post below!~
Xx
ari

maggeygrace said...

Ah! I didn't notice the black lace until I read your post and it's too perfect! And I love those heels, Cheyne. They're insaneeee :) I'm waiting for Hope's swap item and then I'm sending you the shirt and her item! Yayy!

Alex said...

god this too! I am seriously a bad blogger because I never comment on the stuff I like. I just droll like an idiot and go back to sleep. Anyway, here I am and I must say that this dress is adorable and I actually love that you added that top! It makes it very interesting :)