Wednesday, August 18, 2010

No One's Gonna Love You Like Brooklyn Loved You

  I'm alive, I'm alive. My senior year has started so I've been pretty busy with trying to balance work and school and my boyfriend and friends and just ahhh! I feel so stressed out sometimes. But, today I had such a good day, you guys had no idea! It's one of those days that, from when you wake up, you're thinking, today is going to be great! So, under harassment of my friend Lindsey, I have been ordered to "UPDATE YO BLAWG." I still have loads of pictures from New York, and new photos from school and outfits and blahblahblah. OH, and exciting news! Two bits of it, actually. First of all, I bought tickets the other day for Tegan & Sara and Band of Horses. Plus I already have tickets to Vampire Weekend. My friend Cayla is going with me to all three, September and October are going to be great, and I'm most especially looking forward to autumn because I love the fall time. Secondly, I have been asked to take part in a clothing exchange! Maggie of Lifesize Paperdoll and Hope of Simply Hope make up the other two of the trio, and I'm so excited you have no idea. Maggie is sending out the first package tomorrow from Idaho to me here in Oklahoma, and then I send one to Hope down in Texas. We're each going to style the item, then do a follow up post with side by side photos of how the other girls styled them! I've always wanted to be part of one, and I am so very thankful that Maggie asked me to join! (:
  But for now, enjoy these photos. They make me so sad...I miss everyone so much. It breaks my heart to be here, without them. These are from my last day at Pratt, when we had our reading and the entire program, from fashion to photography, got to showcase their work. Later that night, I went to Jackson's film showing at SVA. Afterwards, we went out for margaritas and ended up staying at Ed's place singing on the roof, running around, sleeping on stranger's beds, spilling beer, spitting coffee, smoking too many cigarettes, eating banana pancakes...that's what I get for hanging out with all those crazy film kids on my last night in New York. That month was the best experience of my entire life.

















What I'm Wearing (in the order they appear):
Collared Black Velvet Dress: Anna Sui for Target

Black & Grey Button Detail Dress: Target
Black Oxfords: Goodwill
Black & Gold Cameo Necklace: Modcloth

Denim Tiered Eyelet Detail Dress: Forever 21
Dot Tights: Forever 21
Black Ankle Boots: Target

Pink Striped Dress: Goodwill
Jeweled Headband: Anthropologie
Cheyne.

4 comments:

Amber Rose said...

How neat that you get to be in a clothing swap!

And I know how you feel about leaving friends behind. :/

maggeygrace said...

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS SWAPPPPP!!!

Your New-Yorking sounds so amazing. Seriously. You're living it up for me, k?

I love your clothes so much. You're so good at buying clothes! I mean, seriously, buying good clothes IS a skill! I feel like I buy too many random items and then I come home and they have almost no place in my closet. They just don't fit. Well. I'm trying to do better!

I'm drooooling over your denim dress and the target one. Seriously, I need to shop at target.

This is turning into a really long comment. Oops.

Anyways, Brooklyn is amazing and you fit in so well there. You look just like a college student haha.

<3

Kimberellie said...

You are just so cute! Love the black outfit! So cute. Thought it was a skirt and shirt, but it's a dress? Either way, you look fabulous!

And exciting about the swap et al!

Erika said...

I can't wait to see what you, Maggie, and Hope have in store for us! Y'all are on my top fave blogs! And girls, of course! ;)