Saturday, April 10, 2010

You Little War Lord


 The weather outside is so perfect. And today I spent two hours washing my car and attacking brown spots with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. And now I have a slight tan line and my car is white again!



  I remember when I first was looking through the Rodarte for Target collection a few days after it came out I knew I had to have this dress. I wanted some neutrals and this has bows and lace and it's perfect. Every time I wear it, people tell me it looks like a night gown. But I don't really care because it's one of my favorite dresses. It's so delicate without being too feminine since it's in a light tan color...now I wish I would have gotten it in black as well!


  Since this dress is a little on the short side, I usually pair it with tights...but the weather outside was too nice for black tights, so I just went with my favorite shoes instead. Over the knee boots are something I think everyone should own. They're extremely versatile and chic and so so perfect in every way. (:


  I love this dove feather brooch. It's the only brooch I own, and I don't wear it too often because it feels so fragile and I'm afraid of breaking it. It's handmade and the beading is so intricate. So smack dab in the middle of my waist it went. And this ring is something I also don't wear too often. Like I said, I'm not too crazy about jewelry. The only thing I always wear is that silver ring on my right hand that was a gift from my step mother who knows how long ago. It's simple but has a little sparkle and shine too, and I always get compliments on it.


  And now you finally get to see the striped detail on the inside of this blazer I talked about. I remembered to take a picture of it this time, haha. I hope you all are having a great weekend, and if not, I hope it gets better! :D


P.S. Wow, two awards in a row? This time, thank you so much to Dianne at Candid Phobic for giving my blog an award. :D :D :D

What I'm Wearing:
Beige Lace & Tulle Dress: Rodarte for Target
Black Metallic Detailed Blazer: Forever 21
Black Feather Dove Brooch: Boutique in Norman
Black Over the Knee Boots: Urban Outfitters
Cameo Ring: Modcloth.com
Cheyne.

11 comments:

Hannah said...

That is a lovely broach! I can see why you would want to be careful with it.

Ali said...

I love that dress! So flowly and lovely, I've wanted a light pink dress for the longest time.. then I love the metallic jacket you've got against it. :)) cuute.

kate maggie said...

This is probably my number one favorite of all of your looks. You look so so good! I love those boots and that dress is one of my favorite dresses aswell <3 this is just perfect Cheyne! :)

*Leniichen said...

The dress is so cute, really lovely.
Nice Blog, i follow you.

Greetings
*Leniichen

visit me on my Blog, I would appreciate it:
http://leniichen.blogspot.com/

simplyhope said...

Thank you so much for following my blog:) I really Love your photos and you have Great style! I love the rodarte dress on you and the way you styled it! Chic look!

Voleur D'Avant-Garde said...

hahahaha "Mr. Clean Magic Eraser"! AWESOME!! In Spain we've got something similar, a bald guy called "don Limpio", meaning "mr. Clean" (AKA "Mr Proper").

alya said...

I love this floaty dress toughened up with the studded blazer and killer boots.

I remember when this dress(both your color and black) was ALL OVER fashion blogs...nice to see it making an appearance again, you styled it beautifully.

projectvee said...

gorgeous outfit! the brooch is absolutely stunning - i thought it was a belt at first :)

Lai Ying said...

woww i love the way you matched the soft material with the leatherrrr
<3

Sweet Mess. said...

Such a pretty outfit !
The dress is very cute, and the brooch is so lovely =).

Erika said...

My favoriteeeee thing about this lovely outfit is that brooch! Looks great as a belt ;)