Friday, February 5, 2010

Comfy in Nautica



  I know I just wore this dress about two weeks ago, but after seeing the video tutorial that the amazing Erin at Calivintage made on how to wear headscarves, I really really wanted to wear one. Sadly, I only have one scarf that is short enough to be worn on my head. It's a really pretty indigo and magenta with a floral print all over it. Unfortunately it is silk and all throughout today it kept slipping off my head. Even bobby pins wouldn't keep it in place for more than a few class periods.




  I really need to go get some new black tights, and definitely some shorter scarves to wear in my hair. I've also really been wanting this jean dress that's on super sale at Urban Outfitters, a long sleeve airy navy polka dot blouse (preferably with a secretary tie), and maybe a cream colored cardigan. Blame Jennifer over at Sally Jane Vintage for those last two. I love her style, always so well put together.



  After taking pictures today and complaining about our lack of clothes, Sarah and I were musing with the idea of starting a closet swap with a few people at school. I've noticed a lot of people are doing these, including some of my favorite bloggers, so I really wanted to try it. Either that or hit a thrift store, because my closet feels dead. I think I'm going to clean it out and give away all the old things I know I won't wear sometime soon. But seeing as I'm really lazy that probably won't happen. :D

What I'm Wearing:
Indigo Shirt Dress: Urban Outfitters
Pleather Jacket: Target
Magenta Tights: Target
Blue Flats: Salvation Army
Indigo Floral Scarf: Yesterday & Today Collectibles
Cheyne.

2 comments:

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

Love the bright colors you're wearing. The scarf is a great touch.

sarah said...

You looked darling yesterday. I'm lusting for those shoes, girl!