Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Alexa Chung for Madewell


  Alexa Chung is one of my favorite fashion icons, she's up there with Mary Kate Olsen, Taylor Momsen, and Rachel Zoe, so when I found out she was doing a collaboration with Madewell, I was psyched but a little timid that it would disappoint. I've thrown all timidness aside, because the collection is wonderful. High-wasited velvet shorts, clogs with tights, peter pan collars, velvet tea dresses...and the color palette is really what I'm into right now with all it's browns and blues. And I'm really crazy about this one shin-length skirt that's a light cream color and I just know I'm going to buy. I'm trying to start playing with the lengths of things more, because I tend to shy away from longer dresses and skirts for some reason.



  Seeing as we don't have a Madewell's in Oklahoma, I'm going to have to rely on the internet to acquire some of these pieces. I hope they don't turn out to be those garments from collaborations that look great and then turn out to fit poorly or sit oddly or anything like that!
Cheyne.

1 comment:

kate maggie said...

i cant wait for this!! x the brownish velvet dress with the black collar is by far my favorite!