Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Seasoned to Procreate

  I got back from New York Tuesday morning at like 2:30 AM. It was terrible, and then school the next day was awful! But New York was amazing. Aside from losing my phone, it was the best ever. I got to raid Topshop, Zara, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie....most wonderful shopping I've ever done in my life. I miss being able to walk a few blocks to be able to get to anything you need. I also miss the salad lines with tofu and veggie quesadillas and all the things I've always wished we had in Oklahoma. I've never been more excited to graduate and move, I just want the next year and some odd months to go by really quickly. I got a lot of compliments on my dress today, and I'm really glad I got it. I had debated on buying it online from Urban Outfitters, but held off, so when I saw it in the store I had to get it. I love the color, it's a really pretty indiago, and it's well tailored, silky, and the perfect length. It's probably one of my favorite things I bought in New York. I also got this great jean skirt which I was thrilled about. Ever since the designers have been revamping the 90s grunge look I've wanted a jean skirt, but all the denim skirts I came across were never quite the right feel...too country for my taste. But the one I came across had a slight tulip, a light denim wash, brown rustic buttons, and a sweet little bow. I'm sure it'll make an appearance in the next day or so if the weather behaves decently.
  The most lovely pair of five inch black heels are now in my possession thanks to Urban Outfitters. They were half off, the last pair, in my size, and HIGHLY alike to the ones I'd been lusting over online (although they were a bit more expensive, even marked down). Meant to be. I felt daring wearing them for the past two days, but they are surprisingly not too difficult to walk in. I adore them. I've been listening to The Kooks on repeat, and all kinds of other English artists. I think I have a problem? I like the Maccabees.

Wearing:
Indigo Shirt-Dress: Urban Outfitters
Black Cut Out Heels: Urban Outfitters
Black Tights: Wal Mart
Jewel Headband: Anthropologie
Cheyne.

3 comments:

Erika said...

Sounds like you had a blast in NY; that's great. One of my best friends moved from Texas to NY, to attend NYU, and she ABSOLUTELY loves it.

Anyway, I love this look! The dress is amazingggggg and the heels are perfect! :)

-Erika

Tayler said...

i want to go to ny so bad! im loving this dress and the headband. and nice find on the shoes, there amazing!

bighairandbikinis.blogspot.com

starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

those shoes are gorge!